Saturday 3 September 2011

I'm Alone


The world’s moving around me, and I’m sitting still.
Fore lone and lonely, like grit on a window sill.

There are people all around. They’re fussing about.
They don’t care about me, even if I shout.

They talk in tongues that I don’t understand.
I feel as if walking through an alien land.

Their actions amaze me. They’re just so weird.
They are always tensed, and their muscles geared.

They preach a lot, but they are merely words.
Such sermons are everywhere, as common as birds.

Love is said to be their life’s essence.
But everywhere I see only despondence.

They talk about being each other’s friend.
But all are left on their on to fend.

I fail to understand why I’m living,
In this world. Ah! Its so unforgiving.

I feel as if I’m standing on the edge of the world.
Ready to jump off and fly away like a bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment